Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Starting my dream home

I am a newly wed and over the last few years I have been falling in love with houses... or homes whatever you want to call it. I grew up in a small town in B.C. spending most of my time with my Grandparents on their farm. Back when I was a kid I deffinately didn't appreciate all the effort and hard work it takes to maintain. Now that they have sold their farm I find myself yearning to be there, I daydream about it everyday. Life there was hard work, but it was rewarding. I now live in a city about 4.5 hours away from my hometown and let me tell  you... condo life, or city life in general is not for me. Sure I like having all the conveniences of the city just a few minutes away but I don't like the neighbors or the noise. I can't wait to not have an army living upstairs above me! I really miss the cottage country charm. There are a few areas around our city that my husband and I have been looking around in for some property, probably an acre or 2 if it's possible. Land around here is prime and pricey these days. I live in the Okanagan and it's beautiful. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm creating my own farm and my own family memories. It's going to be a lot of work and all on me but that's ok! Happy wife, Happy life! This blog is going to be one big inspiration board of darm dreams for a little while but that's ok. The more we plan out ahead of time the more time I have to continue planning down the road! I love being able to follow other blogs of peoples cottages and farms, it makes it that much easier to see all the things I want! hehe....

Here is a list of the things I really want to have in our home and on our hobby farm!
  • 3 bedroom (must have master) bonus bedroom in basement
  • 2 or 2.5 bath (Master, kids, main floor)(heated floors)
  • lots of storage
  • built in bookshelves, closets
  • white kitchen (small pantry and island)(slamproof drawers)
  • covered porch
  • full basement
  • wood heat
  • outdoor firepit
  • vegetable garden, herb garden, rose garden
  • barn
  • horse/goat shelter inside fenced area
  • wood shed
  • solar panels and lights
  • water barrels (to collect rain water)
  • chicken coop
  • dog run and dog houses
  • detatched garage (prefab)

No comments:

Post a Comment